6 cups grated carrots
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and brown sugar.
Set aside for 60 minutes, then stir in raisins.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and
flour two 10 inch cake pans.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the
white sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple. Combine the
flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the wet mixture
until absorbed. Finally stir in the carrot mixture and the walnuts.
Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake
tests done with a toothpick.
5. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. When
completely cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.